The food we eat has an impact on our body, community and planet. Since we make choices on food everyday, incorporating mindfulness to our decision making process can deepen our connection with life-promoting cycles. We love shopping at farmers’ markets for the many practical benefits from our weekly grocery trip!
- Supporting local farmers as opposed to agribusiness giants responsible for unsustainable farming practices that destroy the Earth’s resources.
- Buying local strengthens the local economy by increasing investment back into the community.
- Wide selection of organic foods and free range, hormone-free eggs and dairy (less expensive than grocery chains in most cases)
- Abundance of nutrient-rich produce.
- No processed foods on-site. The variety of fresh ingredients inspire culinary creativity!
- less packaging = less waste
- Minimal C02 emissions from the transport of local food to market.
- Getting a daily dose of Vitamin E from shopping outdoors.
- Experience the change of seasons with food!