How much does a massage license cost?
Most programs are of this duration, though some may require up to 1000 hours before you earn your certificate. The tuition cost per hour of training is in the range of $6 – $17. This translates to a program cost in the range of $3,000 – $11,000.
Are Oregon massage license fees refundable?
(4) Refund of the examination fee may be granted upon written request should the applicant not qualify for the examination.
How do I get my massage therapy license in Oregon?
Massage Certification: Requirements for Becoming a Licensed Oregon Massage Therapist
- Educational requirements: The state requires a total of 500 educational hours related to massage. …
- Pass the Oregon Practical Exam. …
- Pass a Board-Approved Written Exam, as approved by the Oregon Board of Massage Therapists.
How much does a full body massage cost?
Cost Per Massage Type
|MASSAGE TYPE||AVERAGE COST PER HOUR|
|Full Body Massage||$50-$90|
|Deep Tissue Massage||$80-$120|
What state do massage therapist make the most money?
Best-Paying States for Massage Therapists
The states and districts that pay Massage Therapists the highest mean salary are Alaska ($77,080), Washington ($65,770), Oregon ($62,130), Hawaii ($59,770), and Massachusetts ($57,530). How Much Do Massage Therapists Make in Your City?
How long is massage therapy in Oregon?
In this state, the Oregon Board of Massage Therapists regulates the practice of massage therapy. To become a licensed massage therapist in Oregon, applicants must complete at least 500 hours at an approved massage therapy schools.
Can I transfer my massage license to Oregon?
Upon completion of a credentialing review the Board may grant a license to applicants who are or have legally practiced massage and/or bodywork outside of the State of Oregon; after successful completion of the jurisprudence, and written examinations.
How much do massage therapists make?
The national average annual wage of an massage therapist is $47,180, according to the latest data from the BLS. This is around $6,000 less than current average annual salary for all occupations, $53,490.
How do I transfer my massage license to another state?
Transferring Your Massage Therapist License from Another State
- Step 1 – Determine Your Experience Requirements. …
- Step 2 – Educational Credentials. …
- Step 3 – License Verification Letter. …
- Step 4 – Complete the Exams. …
- Step 5 – Begin Your Application. …
- Step 6 – Get Fingerprinted.
How do you get a massage therapy license?
Requirements for Examination Applicants
- Complete a course of study at a board approved massage school consisting of 500 or more clock hours. …
- Pass an examination approved by the Board. …
- Massage and Bodywork Licensing Examination (MBLEx) administered by the Federation of State Massage Therapy Boards (FSMTB).